Recovery Coaches play an important role in the recovery process by creating connections with those they serve in deeply meaningful ways. Through these connections, which may include the sharing of personal stories and elements of their own recovery journey, Coaches mentor and inspire those looking for, or are in recovery, with a great deal of success. With such responsibility comes the need for clear boundaries – both personally and professionally. This 16-hour training focuses on the ethical challenges Recovery Coaches face while providing a framework for creating good boundaries that allow for the same level of connection without causing harm.
Participants who complete this training will:
• Understand what ethics are and why ethics are so important when performing Recovery Coach Services
• Learn the importance of staying in your lane as a Recovery Coach
• Understand the decision-making process
• Develop guidelines for making ethical decisions
• Apply the new learning to your everyday work as an RC
This training provides 16 CPRS CEUs in Ethics.
Dolan Research International is approved as an organizational training provider by the Maryland Addiction and Behavioral Health Professionals Certification Board.
Classes are from 10:00A - 2:30P with a half-hour break built in on the following days:
- February 17, 2023
- February 24, 2023
- March 3, 2023
There is a test given at the end of each day of the training. You must receive a score of 80% or better to receive a certificate for the training. There will also be assignments to be completed prior to each session. This is to ensure that all materials and other aspects of the training are covered.
MD Provider Status Number EP-65415
Registration Fee is $300 and includes participant materials.
Note: This training is delivered virtually via Zoom and an online classroom.
- Participants must have access to both audio and video connection, have adequate wi-fi, preferably on laptop or PC.
- Camera must be ON during the training.
- Participants may not drive during this class.
- Participant materials will be mailed to you.