To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
MABPCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is seeking a Peer Recovery Coach to provide non-clinical role offering peer-based outreach to engage individuals struggling with substance use disorders. The purpose of this engagement is to provide support to reduce barriers to treatment entry. The work schedule is Monday – Friday 12:00pm-8:00pm or 3pm-11pm.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform year-round street and shelter outreach to engage individuals to determine areas of need.
- Link individuals to appropriate level of substance use disorder treatment and other Behavioral Health and community resources.
- Screen for Substance Use using Government Performance and Results Acts (GPRA), Screening, brief inventory, referral to treatment (SBIRT) and other approved tools. • Transport clients to treatment destinations.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Lived experience in substance use disorder recovery demonstrated personal recovery and sustained abstinence from alcohol and/or drug use.
- Must be actively engaged in his/her own recovery program.
- Certified Peer Recovery Coach.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate with people from various economic and cultural backgrounds who are suffering from housing deprivation, substance use disorders, and Serious Mental Illness.
- Familiarity of various treatment options and facilities, such as maintenance centers, inpatient treatment centers ands, and Intensive Outpatient Treatment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Excellent knowledge of case management and crisis intervention services.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must have reliable transportation to visit multiple sites. If driving on Agency business,
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence, with no more than 3 points.
Catholic Charities has a COVID Mandated Vaccination policy for all employees, which includes an exemption process.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
- Vacation/sick/holiday pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing, and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer
Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach, and work for justice.
Please contact Adam Trionfo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore
Baltimore, MD 21202