To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
MABPCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
Provides direct integrated co-occurring behavioral health and substance use services in support of integrated primary care and behavioral health services. Behavioral Health encompasses prevention, intervention, and recovery from mental health and substance use conditions within the primary care setting across Chase Brexton Health Care. Behavioral Health therapists maintain a caseload of patients engaging in co-occurring behavioral health and substance use services in order to provide therapeutic support that meets their life needs.
Analytical and Critical Thinking
• Conducts brief, evidence-based and developmentally appropriate screenings.
• Conducts time limited assessments.
• Applies knowledge of evidence-based practice, including empirical bases of assessment, intervention, and other clinical applications, expertise and patient preferences to individuals, couples, groups and families to include adults, children and adolescents as assigned.
• Assesses both behavioral health and substance use needs and determines most appropriate clinical interventions to best fit patient needs
• Provides emergency assessment of patients in crisis and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization if needed.
• Assesses discharge readiness throughout the course of treatment.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Create and implement integrated treatment plans, ensuring access to organizational and external services within allotted time frames.
• Independently evaluates treatment progress and modifies planning as indicated, even in the absence of established outcome measures
• Provides referrals for internal and external services.
• Demonstrates ability engage patients and/or families who are not engaged in services through outreach and follow up
• Provides consultation to medical providers, other CBHC staff, and other service providers to facilitate a coordinated continuum of care within the primary care setting.
• Participates in staff meetings as required.
• Verbal, nonverbal, and written communications are informative and well-integrated.
• Participates in system change and promotes change within Chase Brexton Health Care.
• Ensures progress notes are accessible to the patient's care team and considers that they may be accessible to the patient.
Compliance, Policy, and Procedure
• Document all behavioral health services as directed by CBHC policy, State requirements, and professional standards.
• Adheres to departmental productivity standards and policy and procedures.
• If providing supervision: Demonstrates knowledge of supervision models and practices; demonstrates knowledge of and effectively addresses limits of competency to supervise
• Assesses for risk using a standardized measure (e.g., CAMS; C-SSRS).
• Completes all SuccessFactors assignments as assigned.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of billing orders for all clinical documentation.
• Degree required: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psy D or PhD
• Licensure Preferred: LCSW-C, LCPC, Psychologist
• Licensure Required: Licensure in the state of Maryland
• Preferred: Two years of experience in the provision of outpatient mental health and/or substance use services with adults adolescents and/or children. Experience in a primary care setting is strongly preferred.
• Preferred: Multi-Lingual