To have your employment opportunity listed here, you can complete our online form.
Postings will be listed for 90 days unless otherwise specified.
MABPCB reserves the right to review all job postings before it is published on this page.
The Peer Support Specialist is a critical member of the healthcare team who works to promote a therapeutic environment for patients by interacting with both patients and staff. Through individual and group meetings, the Peer Support Specialist helps to advocate for patients and assists in resolving patient grievances. The position also conducts patient education groups, attends treatment team meetings, assists with patient de-escalation, and ensures compliance with facility regulations and patient confidentiality standards.
- Conducts individual and small group meetings with patients to discuss their mental health progress, needs, and offers recommendations for improving treatment programs and services.
- Assists in ensuring patients understand their rights and responsibilities, conducting patient satisfaction surveys, and addressing patient complaints by meeting privately with patients to gather information and follow up with them regarding actions taken to address their concerns.
- Participates in peer support activities, including support groups and small group discussions focused on positive life management skills, dealing with difficult situations upon discharge, and increasing hope.
- Attends treatment team meetings as requested, sharing insights gathered from patient interactions to assist in developing recovery plans.
- Conducts structured interviews during the admission process to identify patient preferences for calming techniques in case of distress, and offers patients an awareness of available programs and services.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experiential understanding of mental illness.
- Eligible to be certified as a Peer Support Specialist.
Schedule a time for us to talk! https://calendly.com/sakeene/phonescreen